Vitaros Cream 3mg
What is Vitaros Cream?
Vitaros cream is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction. Vitaros cream contains the active ingredient alprostadil.
It is applied is applied directly into the opening of your penis (the urethra) using a syringe-like device called an applicator.
Alprostadil comes from a family of medicines called prostaglandins. These medicines relax the blood vessels in your body causing them to widen, allowing more blood to flow.
You can use alprostadil cream to treat erectile dysfunction by applying it directly to your penis. As your blood flow increases with the help of the cream, you may find your erectile tissue to become firm which results in an erection.
How is Vitaros Cream used?
Vitaros comes in an applicator, a tube of cream, which contains enough cream for one use. Vitaros should be stored in the fridge as it can only be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To use Vitaros cream you must:
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Take an applicator of Vitaros out of the fridge, a few hours before you plan to use it or warm it by rolling the applicator between your hands. Squeeze the head of the penis to make the opening wider
- Hold the tip of the barrel as close as possible to the tip of your penis without putting it inside
- Push the plunger to apply the cream into the penis until the full amount of cream in the applicator has been used
- Hold the penis upright for 30 seconds to let the cream take effect
- Push any cream that doesn’t go in straight away into the tip of the penis using your finger. Don’t use a second tube to make up for cream that doesn’t go in
Vitaros cream should start working within 30 minutes of applying it, but for some people, it works within 5 minutes. The effects normally last for 1 to 2 hours.
We recommend that you pass urine before using Vitaros. You should avoid passing urine immediately after using the cream as it may come out before it has enough time to work.
This cream won’t normally give you an erection unless you’re aroused.
If you find you still don’t get and keep an erection hard enough for sex with this cream, your doctor might be able to increase your dose.
If your partner is pregnant, try to avoid getting any Vitaros cream on them. To do this, we recommend that you have sex using a condom after you’ve applied the cream.
You can’t inject Vitaros cream, but there is an alprostadil injection that you can get prescribed.
Where Can I Get Vitaros Cream?
You can buy Vitaros cream from us at lloydmeds
- Our doctor will review your prescription if necessary to see if Vitaros is suitable for you
- We ship discreetly to the address of your choice.
You can’t get Vitaros through your NHS GP. GPs can prescribe tablets for ED, but they can’t prescribe creams, injections or devices.
What Side Effects of Vitaros Cream?
This cream is applied directly to the penis, the side effects often affect your penis and your partner’s genitals.
The most common side effects are:
- pain, itching or tenderness in your penis
- tingling or throbbing of your penis
- swelling in the skin of your penis
- inflammation or irritation around the head of the penis
- mild burning and itching in your partner’s genitals during or after sex
Side effects should improve after 1 to 2 hours.
If you get side effects, you should speak to a doctor.
Your doctor might be able to reduce your dose of Vitaros to see whether your side effects get better. There are other treatments available if you get side effects with Vitaros such as:
- tablets for ED such as Viagra; see our full range of erectile dysfunction treatments
- devices to help such as penis pumps
Stop using Vitaros cream and call your doctor at once if you have:
- a light-headed feeling, such as feeling like you may pass out;
- a painful erection that lasts 4 hours or longer;
- new or worsening pain in your penis; or
- redness, swelling, tenderness, lumps, unusual shape or curving of the erect penis
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
We recommend that you look at a few different websites for reviews of Vitaros cream.
We recommend these review sites: